Sabor a Mí:
Learn to Play a Solo Guitar Arrangement Step-by-Step
No matter your skill level, you can play fun chord melody solo versions of popular songs on guitar. This course is designed to not only get you playing a solo arrangement of a beautiful Mexican bolero, but also give you the tools and ideas to create your own solo guitar arrangements.
Love that Latin guitar sound?
Sabor a Mí is hands-down my favorite Mexican bolero, and with this course you can play a solo guitar version that combines the chords and melody together. Packed with step-by-step tutorials and demonstrations, fully-notated sheet music in guitar tablature and standard notation, and tons of practice aids. Each guitar tab PDF comes with an incredibly helpful scrolling tablature play-along video with metronome to help you get the most out of your practice time!Start Playing SABOR A MI Now
Mexican Boleros from the "Golden Age"
Start Learning How to Make a Solo Arrangement
With the guidance in this course you will:
- Learn how to play the chords to Sabor a Mí with a chord study designed to get your rhythm in shape while you practice the structure of the song.
- Get the "nuts and bolts" of the song by mapping out the melody in relation to the chord progression
- Go step-by-step as we strip the song down to just the melody, then we take the melody an octave higher and play with single bass notes
- Build on what you've learned in a logical, progressive way as we add more notes from the chords to fill in our solo arrangement
- Understand the music theory behind Sabor a Mí with an analysis of the song (great if you need help improvising over this song!).
- Continue to embellish the Bésame Mucho solo with advanced ideas and options to suit your taste and skill level.
You Can Play Latin Guitar!
Anyone can play nylon string, latin/Spanish guitar with the proper guidance, support and learning materials!PLAY SABOR A MÍ
YOU GET MORE THAN JUST GUITAR TAB
All Sheet Music in this Course Comes with Play-Along Practice!
What's Included In This Flamenco Mini-Course
11 progressive tutorials and practice videos, taking you from the melody and chords separately to a step-by-step chord melody building process
- In-depth music theory tutorial to help you understand how Sabor i Mí works, which will give you arrangement and improvisation ideas
- Fully notated sheet music for every level and exercise, in guitar tablature and standard notation
- Practice play-along videos for each and every guitar tab in this course
- A fully notated intermediate solo arrangement of Sabor a Mí chord-melody style.
This Guitar Course Is For You If...
You need easy-to-follow guidance, demonstrations and explanations.
You're a Fingerstyle, Classical, or Latin jazz guitarist who is looking for new exciting music to add to your repertoire
You aren't a strong sight reader or cannot read music, and you need play-along videos to guide you
Do I need to be able to read music or rhythmic notation?
What makes your guitar sheet music different from what I can already find on the Internet?
What if I need help playing Sabor a Mí?
NICE TO MEET YOU
I'm Scot Taber
I started playing guitar at age 12 after my best friend brought home an electric guitar. At that point I had somehow assumed the "regular people" weren't allowed to play the guitar, that was something "people on TV" did. I had studied the trumpet and piano and so was already a "musician" in a sense, but it wasn't until I picked up a guitar that I truly found my calling.
My first teacher introduced me to all kinds of guitar styles, from rock and jazz to classical and flamenco, and it wasn't long before I was performing for flamenco dancers and teaching my own guitar students by age 17. In my ongoing career as a performing musician and educator I have played countless gigs and taught thousands of students in person, online, and through YouTube tutorials.
Over the years I've encountered an incredibly broad range of students with diverse learning styles and interests, and decided to take my experience with anticipating the problems and pitfalls students are likely to have when learning certain materials, as well as the learning materials and methods I've developed, and fashion them into a suite of courses that will be both accessible and challenging to guitar students of all levels.
"The Ultimate Nylon String Guitar Guide covers it all. After only 2 months I’m already playing real music and impressing my wife!"
- Mark Bayer
"I have always wanted to play the Spanish guitar. Scot's course gave me the tools to improve in a logical way, and the songs are great."
- Stefan Moubayed
"As an advanced guitarist I find Scot's method of teaching thorough and substantive. I've corrected many bad habits and improved my skills in the process!"