Play Spanish and Latin Guitar like a pro!
This course will teach you the essential techniques and concepts to set you up for a lifetime of discovery on the nylon string guitar. Apply your skills on fun-to-play songs with step-by-step instruction.
Are you a beginner just getting into Spanish guitar or an experienced guitarist looking to “cross over“ into nylon string guitar playing? Then this is the perfect course for you!
By the end of this course you will have a solid technique and knowledge foundation as well as a nylon string repertoire already under your belt. Here you will get the essential techniques, concepts and step-by-step instruction you need to play FUN music.ENROLL NOW
ANYONE CAN PLAY NYLON STRING GUITAR
Level Up Your Guitar Playing
Learn the formula to efficient playing and use it to:
- Understand the core movements that make up nylon string guitar technique.
- Maintain and build your skill with time-saving hacks.
- Blow away your friends by playing some of the most beautiful music in the world.
- Build on what you know with more advanced tricks and strategies that will take you to the next level.
Yes, It Really Is Possible!
In The Ultimate Nylon String Guitar Guide, you’ll learn how to finally play those songs you've been dreaming of.ENROLL NOW
In The Next 6 Weeks, You Could…
- Be playing fun and interesting songs that progressively develop your technique
- Have a solid foundation of proper habits and techniques
- Be delving into new musical genres and building an impressive and entertaining repertoire
The right teacher can make all the difference. We’ll cover it all in The Ultimate Nylon String Guitar Guide and get you heading in the right direction in less time than you ever thought possible.
The Ultimate Nylon String Guitar Guide
Are You Ready To Take Control of Your Playing?
This nylon string guitar course will teach you everything you need to know to reverse your bad habits and build a proper foundation of technique and get you playing songs you can be proud of right away. You’ll learn how to:
- Build and maintain excellent technique in less time
- Troubleshoot problems in your playing with simple steps
- Play songs that appropriately put to use the techniques you learn as you learn them
With simple shifts in your mindset and technique, you could start playing some of the most fun and fulfilling music on your nylon string guitar: classical, flamenco, tango, rumba, waltz, bossa nova, latin jazz and a host of folk and popular styles from around the world.YES, I want in!
What's Included In The Course...
over 100 lessons across 4 modules with play-along practice and bonus study materials
Your technique is the basis of your musical development. Learn actionable steps you can take to improve the way you move your hands and fingers to set yourself up for success including:
- How to practice the 3 most crucial techniques for the right hand
- How to move efficiently in both hands to prevent injury and maximize finger independence
- Synchronizing the right and left hands with the right mindset to play challenging music
- How to combine techniques together for maximum benefit
- Carefully honed exercises to get you playing as quickly and correctly as possible
You’ll finish this course with a complete picture of what makes up correct nylon string playing and how to continue advancing to play the songs you want to play.
Applying Your Skills
With your foundation in great shape, the next step is to use what you've learned to begin playing songs in a progressive and methodical way. In this module, you’ll learn:
- How to use the 4-stroke rasgueo technique to play one of the most famous Spanish guitar songs - Malagueña
- Saving more without earning more
- The best place to keep your savings
You’ll finish this module with performance-ready material in your back pocket, ready to use what you know to discover new and exciting music.
Expanding Your Horizons
The secret to nylon string guitar playing is in applying your skills to music from around the globe. In this module, you’ll learn:
- How to create more dynamism in your playing with slurs
- A "2-minute exercise" that will drill and distill every movement we need to make in both hands in record time
- A flamenco piece, an Argentine tango, and the classic guitar ballad Romanza
You’ll finish this module with the ability to play more advanced techniques and an understanding of the incredible versatility of the nylon string guitar.
For many, the goal is to play lively and syncopated rhythms that get people dancing. In this module, you'll do just that as you learn:
- How to interpret and combine rumba patterns according to your needs, ability, and taste in several keys
- How to incorporate percussive techniques like the "golpe" and slapping the guitar in multiple ways for unique effects
- How to play the oft-heard but elusive triplet or "fan" rasgueo for that "Olé" sound and how to put it in context
- 2 outstanding rumba compositions that put ALL the techniques you've learned to use
You’ll finish this course with an actual nylon string repertoire to call your own, a technique foundation that will pay off for years to come, and a constantly updated database of practice material for you to continually develop and refine your newfound skills.
Practice Play-Along Videos
A collection of all the songs, exercises and drills from the entire course. Includes built-in metronome, scrolling tablature and standard notation with downloadable PDFs. Includes:
- Essential exercises such as the 3-technique drill, 2-minute warmup, Spanish Study, arpeggiating with chords, 4-finger picado exercises and more
- The classical guitar studies we learned in the course from Matteo Carcassi and Francisco Tárrega
- All the songs in the course including Malagueña, Romanza, Spanish Waltz, Tango, Farruca, El Espejo, El Espejismo and more
These scrolling tablature play-along practice videos are absolutely fantastic for honing your skills and ensuring you're playing the right thing at the right time. Comes complete with built-in metronome, and the ability to slow-down or speed-up each video while retaining the pitch to match your current skill level. A terrific practice aid!
Bonus Study Materials
Now that you're playing tons of great songs and you've got all the essentials under your fingers, you can continue to enhance your guitar playing with my continuously updated bonus materials. These include techniques, concepts, studies, songs, and guidance that will now make sense to you after completing the Ultimate Nylon String Guitar Guide. Includes:
- An arpeggio technique tour of most of the arpeggio patterns you'll ever play on fingerstyle guitar
- A rasgueo technique tour showing you all the rasgueo combinations you can play
- Selected tutorials to supplement your learning from the course, including step-by-step lessons for new studies by Carcassi and Tárrega that will build on what you've learned
- A rhythm review to work on the fundamental rhythmic values that we need to understand as nylon string guitar players
This Course Is For You If...
- You believe in saving time
- You're just getting into classical guitar
- You are interested in flamenco but don't know where to start
- You want to have a solid repertoire of solo guitar pieces
- You want to learn at your own pace on your own schedule
NICE TO MEET YOU
I'm Scot Taber
I started playing guitar at age 12 after my best friend brought home an electric guitar. At that point I had somehow assumed the "regular people" weren't allowed to play the guitar, that was something "people on TV" did. I had studied the trumpet and piano and so was already a "musician" in a sense, but it wasn't until I picked up a guitar that I truly found my calling.
My first teacher introduced me to all kinds of guitar styles, from rock and jazz to classical and flamenco, and it wasn't long before I was performing for flamenco dancers and teaching my own guitar students by age 17. In my ongoing career as a performing musician and educator I have played countless gigs and taught thousands of students in person, online, and through YouTube tutorials.
Over the years I've encountered an incredibly broad range of students with diverse learning styles and interests, and decided to take my experience with anticipating the problems and pitfalls students are likely to have when learning certain materials, as well as the learning materials and methods I've developed, and fashion them into a suite of courses that will be both accessible and challenging to guitar students of all levels.
"The Ultimate Nylon String Guitar Guide covers it all. After only 2 months I’m already playing real music and impressing my wife!"
- Mark Bayer
"I have always wanted to play the Spanish guitar. Scot's course gave me the tools to improve in a logical way, and the songs are great."
- Stefan Moubayed
"As an advanced guitarist I find Scot's method of teaching thorough and substantive. I've corrected many bad habits and improved my skills in the process!"